The village of Wilsford-cum-Lake was formed in the 1950s by the amalgamation of the hamlets Wilsford and Lake. Both halves of the village have a Manor or Squires house. Lake House was restored by Detmar Blow in 1910 and Wilsford Manor built by him a year or two later, both in local chequer board style. The village is either side of a country road and lies between the river Avon and rolling farmland.
The population of the village is only 80 on the electoral roll and include Sting and Seamus Mullins who both employ many local people. Although there is no public house in the village there a few nearby that also provide accommodation. However, there is a thriving Lake Estate Club which hosts skittle and dance evenings and is available for wedding receptions etc.The first recording of a church at Wilsford was in 1053. The present building of St Michael's was restored in 1851 and there is little of the original stone remaining. A sensible size for the village, it seats 70 in comfort - a number exceeded only at midnight on Christmas Eve and approached at Easter. It is many years since Wilsford had its own Vicar.